Whenever, a person chooses an Educational institute (mainly, the institute that is going to provide Bachelor Degree), considers a lot of things, such as, minimum eligibility criteria for admission, fees, teachers in institute, quality of education, position of institute at national and international level, students placement records and many more!
Choosing an Animation institute, for making Animation as career,needs similar approach. Especially countries like India, where dedicated Animation schools are rarely available, one must be conscious about these decisions.
Hey, don’t be so tense! I am here with answers (rather, I would say ‘with Questions’) to seek you out of this situation.
Below is the Questionnaire, which an institute have to answer satisfactory.
Questions Regarding MONEY:-
- What are the different courses available?
- What are the fee-structure according to courses?
- (Obviosly, fees have to be huge) Why so huge fees for these courses?
- What and Why, are fees difference according to institute and locations?
Qustions Regarding QUALITY OF EDUCATION:-
- If there is any affiliation of courses by some well recognized universities?
- What are the benefits of certificate over an Auto start Animator (learns by self)?
- What is your certification criteria? What exams do you conduct periodically?
- What kind of laboratory and library facilities are available?
- What is the qualification of faculty at institute? How they are recruited?
- If there are any periodic Experts’ Talks?
- If institute organizes big competition events? If students are informed with periodic national and international events information?
Questions Regarding TRAINING AND PLACEMENTS:-
- What is my Identity after completion of course ?
- Are there any chances for working on live projects, during the course?
- If institute offers internship, for students, after course?
- Are there any tie-ups with big studios?
- What are the different studios, packages for students placed through institute? Ask for contacts of some of them.
- How to enter in the field of Animation if one is not placed through institute?
- How many Demo reels can be made by one, during the course? To whom, the demo reels belong to after completion of course?
- How much time do one need to practice daily?
- What is scope for free-lancing?
- Why are there so many free-lancers in this field?
Hushhh!!! Our list ends here.
These are the minimum questions, one must ask. The questions may differ as per location but the approach remains the same.
Again, doesn’t it feel good that, an institute have to pass an exam to teach and guide you!
Approach more than one institute so you will have good data for comparison.
You may come up with better questions. Feel free to ask each of them. They will lead you to reality!
Remember, “He who asks questions can not avoid the answers”
So, Happy Questions………..Bye!!!
Guys also READ THE COMMENTS .. where Mahesh have written that how can you create Your Questions and Another Comment where HE HAS GIVEN THE LINK for LIST and INFO OF GOOD INSTITUTES IN THE WORLD …
Join Bramhaa Animation Blog facebook page to get latest news , professional interviews, articles , works of professionals , free online webinars ,podcasts ,job openings, upcoming movies , games , inspirational videos,inspirational articles and so much